The Living Curriculum Initiative:
- Free to all Cincinnati Public Schools
- Brings Science Alive through inquiry lessons featuring live sharks and stingrays
- Designed to build higher level science processing skills
- Built around State Standards and developed using QCER inquiry teaching method
- Problem Based Learning Scenarios
What is the LCI?
- The goal of the LCI is to bring science alive for students within their classrooms.
- The LCI will deliver on this goal through a multi-disciplinary, participatory curriculum using scientific inquiry in conjunction with live animals.
- Beginning in 2017 we will bring the LCI into 3rd grade classes within CPS, continuing with 4th and 5th grades the following years.