Travel with the WAVE Foundation to Costa Rica
July 22nd – 31st, 2014
Travel with the WAVE Foundation and world-renowned travel company Classic Escapes to beautiful Costa Rica! Join our Conservation Program Manager, Alle Foster, and Michelle Fry, Newport Aquarium Husbandry Staff Member, on a once in a lifetime trip to explore the wildlife and natural beauty of San Jose, Tortuguero National Park, Arenal Volcano, Monteverde Cloud Forest and Sarchi. Enjoy luxury lodging and many included meals on this ten day journey to see sea turtles, crocodiles, exotic birds, abundant frogs, and many mammal species (see full itinerary here for more information and links to lodging sites).
Travelers will have the option of working closely with sea turtle conservationists in Tortuguero National Park and assist in patrolling the beaches at night for hatchling sea turtles and gathering other nest data. Another travel point is the Arenal Volcano which is labeled as a “photographers dream”. The volcano is 5,357 feet at the summit and has a classic cone shape that makes this volcano a must-see for anyone visiting Costa Rica! And finally, before returning to the city of San Jose, we will stop at the Monteverde Cloud Forest to explore the hanging bridges and walk through the forest tree tops. This amazing experience is a can’t-miss opportunity for anyone wanting to travel and explore the beauty of Costa Rica! We hope you can join us.
Day 1 ~ Tuesday (July 22, 2014)
Days 2/3/4 ~ Wednesday/Thursday/Friday (July 23/24/25)
Tortuguero National Park
Days 5/6 ~ Saturday/Sunday (July 26/27)
Days 7/8 ~ Monday/Tuesday (July 28/29)
Monteverde Cloud Forest
Day 9 ~ Wednesday (July 30)
Day 10 ~ Thursday (July 31)
Click here to see the full 10-day itinerary complete with lodging websites and detailed information.
(Please Note That The Itinerary Sequence Is Correct At The Time Of Writing, But Is Subject To Change.)
See below for Reservation Form and information.
Things You Need To Know About Costa Rica
Participants must be able to climb in and out of buses and boats unassisted. You should also be able to tolerate nature walks at an easy pace on uneven terrain, sometimes uphill, for three or four hours at a time in heat and humidity. You should be in good physical health to enjoy this destination to its fullest.
In general, this trip requires:
- Flexibility and good humor – unexpected changes and/or glitches will occur.
- A spirit of adventure and curiosity.
- Interest in and willingness to appreciate a destination with a modest infrastructure and a range in availability of modern comforts. That being said, some locations are nestled in absolute luxury where pampering is the norm.
Choosing the best possible air arrangements for our travelers is always a challenge. Classic Escapes works with many airlines that offer the best level of service, routings and value for our programs. While there may indeed be more direct routings available with another airline, the cost of these flights may not be within the budget that allows us to give you the best value possible. If you prefer to purchase your own international air, please feel free to choose the “land only” rate for this program. The start and end city for this program is San Jose, Costa Rica.
Upon registration, you must provide your full legal name as it appears on your passport. In the event an airline ticket is issued with incorrect information you have provided, you will be responsible for charges associated with reissuing the ticket.
- All ground transfers in air-conditioned motorcoach.
- Superior accommodations throughout as indicated or similar.
- Naturalist guide will accompany the group with a minimum of 14 travelers.
- The WAVE Foundation escort will accompany the group with a minimum of 14 travelers.
- All meals as specified above.
- All park entry fees on main program.
- Beach patrolling at night at Tortuguero.
- All applicable hotel and lodge taxes and gratuities for baggage handling.
- Complimentary baggage tags and passport wallet.
- Roundtrip air transportation from Cincinnati to San Jose, including fuel surcharges and airline taxes. (Quoted separately.)
- Costa Rica departure tax $32 (currently).
- Passport. No visa is required in Costa Rica.
- Gratuities to driver, naturalist-guide and other conveyance attendants.
- Excess baggage charges levied by airlines.
- Meals and beverages, other than specified.
- Laundry and other items of a personal nature.
- Personal and baggage insurance.
- Cost for anything not specifically mentioned in the listing above.
- Optional insurance coverage is available for Baggage, Accident and Trip Cancellation/Interruption at special low cost group rates.
HOW TO BOOK: Fill out the attached reservation form and send it to CLASSIC ESCAPES, 58-25 Queens Blvd., Woodside, NY 11377, together with a deposit of $500 per person, as well as your insurance payment if you wish to take advantage of the pre-existing medical condition exclusion. On receipt of your signed reservation form and deposit, we will, subject to availability, reserve your place on your tour. When we send off your confirmation invoice, your booking is confirmed and accepted by Classic Escapes. Final payment is due not later than 75 days prior to departure (May 8, 2014). Final documents will be sent to you approximately two weeks prior to departure.
Questions? Call Alle Foster at 859-815-1422, or email firstname.lastname@example.org