Everyone can be a conservationist! Our choices decide our future. With so many options, it’s hard to know where to start.
Choose conservation every day by taking ACTION:
- Advocate for conservation
- Conserve our resources
- Transition to sustainable
- Invest in conservation
- Organize action groups
- Normalize conservation action
Check out below for specific examples of ACTIONs.
Advocate for Conservation
- Talk to your friends, family, colleagues, and neighbors about living more sustainably.
- Share posts about conservation on social media.
- Check out WAVE Foundation on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Conserve our Resources
- Refuse, Reduce, Repurpose, Reuse, and Recycle.
- Turn off the water when not in use. Stop leaky faucets!
- Turn off and unplug electronics when not in use.
- Recycle at home, work, and school.
- Ask for no straw or plastic ware with takeout.
- Wash clothes in cold water.
- Compost yard and kitchen waste.
Transition to Sustainable
- Use sustainably produced products and reusable alternatives to disposables.
- Check out all the products WAVE Foundation staff uses by visiting our Amazon store page. As Amazon Associates, when you make purchases through this link, WAVE Foundation earns a small commission.
Invest in Conservation
- Volunteer or donate to conservation focused organizations.
- Participate in your school or work’s recycling or green team.
- You can support WAVE Foundation by rounding up your purchase in Newport Aquarium’s gift shop or clicking the donate button above.
- Offset your carbon footprint from travelling or donate to projects that support human health and carbon reductions.
Organize Action Groups
- Join forces with neighbors, friends, family or colleagues to clean your neighborhood.
- Participate in large clean ups such as Riversweep with WAVE Foundation each June.
- Form a carpool group with co-workers or neighbors.
- Start a recycling program at your school or work.
- Join conservation minded groups.
- WAVE Foundation hosts Gills Club to engage young women in conservation through STEM.
Normalize Conservation Action
- Make conservation part of your and your family’s daily life.
- Include your friends, children, and colleagues in your daily behaviors.
- Share your actions with others and encourage them to make changes.